Saturday, April 24, 2010

BFP!

This Thursday, after having not felt quite "right" for over a week, I took a little test. Sitting there and thinking to myself, "Ohmygodisthatonelineortwo?" I  looked down. TWO LINES! Two lines is a BFP---a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!


Justin was on duty at the fire department and I knew I couldn't keep this news to myself for a whole 24 more hours. I threw my sunglasses on, feigning illness and flying out the front door. I stopped by the store and picked up two more tests just to be sure you can't get a false positive. I've not known for it to happen, but hey--this is a big deal!

I stopped by the house to take the other tests and this time I was sure....I was TWICE as sure!

I hopped on Highway 41 North to go tell Justin the good news. I honestly don't think I went over 50 one time the whole way. I was terrified of getting into a wreck with my precious cargo in tow.

I got to the fire department and it took every ounce of willpower I had not to break down into tears or to yell out my newly discovered condition in front of Justin's crew. I grabbed Justin and stepped into the bay. I started bawling and blurted out, "I'm pregnant!" I think if Justin wouldn't have been standing in front of the Coke machine, I might have had to catch him.

We have eighteen+ years of crying, stressing, and sleepless nights ahead of us, but we are thrilled. It's gonna be a wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment