After hearing our little one's heartbeat on Thursday, Justin and I decided we couldn't possibly wait to tell our family! We rounded everyone up and invited them to the house for hamburgers and hot dogs. My sisters couldn't be there (they're both away at school) which was a little sad, but we were able to tell each of them on the phone. Suzi said, "I knew it!" when we wanted her to come to the house for a cookout. Sami just sat there and said, "Shut up! No way! I'm so happy!" when we told her she was going to be an aunt.
Probably the best reactions were when we told our parents. We let our nephews take them the ultrasound pictures with the heart rhythym strip. Mama thought Ben was handing her an ultrasound picture of when he was little or the joke one we had for right after we got married. Then she and Mrs. Desiree both cried when they finally realized what was going on. My Sheldon just said he was glad it didn't happen 7 or 8 years ago and my poor daddy took a few minutes to understand what really happened. It turned out great and everyone is so excited!
I think you should share with your blogging community(assuming this goes public one day) about that nice little stunt with the fake "ultrasound pictures" you are speaking of. Meanie head.
ReplyDelete