I posted Monday about my visit to the doctor and how everything went. The office called me last night and said that my other blood work came back in and that my progesterone is low, so they have me on a prescription for the rest of my first trimester. They also said they wanted me in for an ultrasound...NOW. No answer why or anything. Needless to say last night was not very restful for me, even though I "slept" from 8:00 to 7:00 a.m.
I went in for my appointment this morning and the ultrasound tech reminded me that they wouldn't be able to hear a heartbeat but they just wanted to be sure the sac was growing at the right rate and the lack of progesterone didn't give me any problems. She was doing her thing, looking around and said that the sac is growing just fine and we could even see the baby! I was on cloud nine. She looked down quickly and looked a little puzzled. She twisted a knob and I started to hear a heartbeat. I jokingly asked her how she was able to tell that was my heartbeat and not the baby's and she laughed a bit and told me it WAS the baby's! She was just as surprised as I was!
I just wept uncontrollably as she congratulated me. I composed myself, thanked her and checked out of the office. In the parking lot, I called Justin and broke the good news. It was the first time he was genuinely excited! I could hear the relief in his voice as I bawled my eyes out talking to him in the parking lot. I am so relieved. I know anything can happen, but a little bit of unexpected good news is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment