Today was my weekly checkup for Wyatt. I am 37 1/2 weeks along, so we have less than three weeks to go. After getting a growth scan to see how big he is, the ultrasound tech said her best estimate is that he is 7 pounds, 12 ounces. He can grow up to another pound in the next two weeks. Dr. Brickman checked me and there are very few changes otherwise. I am only 1 cm dilated.
There is concern that Wyatt is getting too big for my frame. Despite what it may look like from the outside, my generous “birthing hips” are not that big on the inside. Dr. Brickman discussed with me today that if I have not had him naturally by my checkup next Friday, I will probably go in on May 2 or 3 to determine if I need to be induced (if he’s still in a safe size range) or scheduled for a C-section (if he has gotten too big). If I have to have a C-section (which is and has always been my greatest fear by far) Wyatt and I will share the same birthday: May 6. Talk about a big 25th birthday present!
I really hope he makes his debut this week with no outside help, but I plan to start walking like crazy to maybe help things along. We shall see—either way, we’re having this chunky monkey in two weeks or less- ready or not!
Birthday Baby!! and I promise you he will fit right in with our family! :]
ReplyDeleteIf he's born on May 4, he'll share a birthday with Olivia.
ReplyDelete